Job Title: Health Informatics Officer (Data Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
About USAID Project:
FHI360 is a Non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. In Uganda, the organization implements several projects including the USAID’s Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity that aims to improve maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition outcomes.
Job Summary: The Health Informatics Technical Officer will provide technical support to the Ministry of Health Division of Vaccines and Immunization team in management of immunization management information systems over a period of not more than 120 working days.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The officer will play the following roles and functions:
- Support the management of COVID-19 Vaccination information management systems in including following up with and providing ongoing skills building technical support to users at district and facility level
- Support the MOH UNEPL team in the evolution and application of new innovations for COVID-19 vaccination information management system such as certifications, validation of certificate beneficiaries, missing certificate requirements
- Support new innovations in UNEPI program that are aimed at supporting COVID-19 vaccination as well other key interventions, e.g Smart Paper Technology (SPT), Immunization and Data Quality Apps, dashboards, among others
- Provide technical support including trouble shooting, training of all HMIS users in close collaboration with the various development and implementing partners
- Support monitoring the usage of the COVID-19 vaccination information management system and follow-up on any issues both on the dashboards generated and through field-based reports from partners and program staff
- Support the validation of data reported in the COVID-19 vaccination information management system through quality assurance mechanisms
- Support the consolidation of data from the district across the different sources, as well as conduct required analytics and help the UNEPI team to generate appropriate presentations and visuals
- Support the UNEPI team in coordinating and communication with districts and regions, in close collaboration with the MOH call center team and other identified call center agents
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. A post graduate training in a related field is of added advantage
- Three years of experience working within Uganda’s Health Information Management Systems
- Practical experience working with and navigating functions of the national DHIS2, including mining, analysis, presentation of data
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis; data management (maintaining a database, quality control measures); training/mentoring healthcare facility teams on records management; reporting; and in summarization and presentation of data in creative ways.
- Proficiency in using databases and statistical software is required (e.g., Stata, SPSS or EPI-Info) as well as strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and mobile technologies to report data
- Knowledge and skills with health informatics including data visualization and applications is a strong advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with other donors and partners
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
NB: Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All interested firms or individuals are encouraged to send their application to email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd July 2021 by 5:00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com