Job Title: Senior Driver – TIDE Project
Organisation: Stichting SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Stichting SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (a foundation established under Dutch law), registered at Parkstraat 83, 2514 JG The Hague, The Netherlands, [represented by SNV in Uganda] hereinafter referred to as “SNV” is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
Job Summary: The primary role of the Senior Driver is to Transport staff, visitors or errands to destination, based on requests and conform safety and traffic regulations, in order to contribute to timely and safely arrival. Coordinates staff field travels and fleet management and ensures regular maintenance of vehicles including information on vehicle insurances and taxes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Vehicle operations and Safety
- Have end responsibility for use of car, clean and fuel vehicle, check inventory (e.g. first aid kit, second tire etc.) and status of the vehicle.
- Identify any damage and report these to supervisor.
- Arrange and keep track of periodical service schedule and insurance.
- Understand vehicle mechanics.
- Drive passengers or deliver errands within the identified areas, following the traffic regulations, safety instructions and situations and based on the travel arrangements of the passengers and/or delivery requirements
- Regularly check and maintain the main maintenance areas (e.g. oil, tire pressure etc.),
- Identify technical malfunctions, check potential repair alternatives, and/or send for repair,
- In consultation with the supervisor in case of complex and/or costly repair
- Keep logbook of all driving activities, fuel and any incidents and accidents.
- Ensure insurances and taxes of vehicles are up to date.
- Generate vehicle performance reports at the end of the month.
- Compile mileage, fuel and maintenance records for sharing.
- Execute activities to support others based on request, like assist in logistic field activities, generator
- Maintenance or support in building maintenance as may be requested from time to time.
Planning and Coordination
- Plan and allocate field transport.
- Coordinate drivers, contact and contract suppliers and garages for maintenance and services,
- Ensure valid insurances for fleet and check and document valid driver license of all persons driving SNV Vehicles
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a UCE Certificate
- Valid driver’s license with Classes A, B, CM, DL
- Eight years of driving experience in a medium sized organization
- Defensive driving experience for risk management
- Knowledge of Ugandan Traffic Laws and regulation
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to maintain composure always.
- Computer knowledge is preferred
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th July 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com