Job Title: Medical Officer Special Grade (Anaesthesiology) (10 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Ministry Of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Scale: U2 (MED – 1)
Reports to: Consultant (Anaesthesiology)
Uganda has graduated into the second wave of COVID-19 with a sharp increase in the number of asymptomatic, severe and critical cases as well as a significant change in the disease profile. This requires adequate resources both human and financial to contain the spread and to save lives. The HDU and ICU capacity in the entire country needs to be stepped up immediately.
The Ministry of Health with support from USAID, therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill existing posts tenable on Non-gratuitable Local Contract Terms in COVID-19 Treatment Centre (CTUs) under Ministry of Health to support the National Response against COVID-19.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper administration of Anaesthesiology services to COVID-19 Patients
- Responsible management of disaster situations and provides resuscitation services for COVID-19.
- Ensure that standards of Anaesthesiology are maintained in the Hospital.
- Supervise Anesthetic Staff
- Participates in planning and management for the allocated resources.
- Identifies manpower, promotional and training needs and makes necessary recommendations.
- Ensures that staff adhere to professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Receives and prepares reports for submission to the Hospital Director.
- Carries out research in aspects related to COVID-19.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MBChB degree or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
- A Master of Medicine degree in Anaesthesiology or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
How to Apply:
All Applicants should submit written expression of interest accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees addressed to the Permanent secretary, Ministry of Health, P.O. Box 7272, Kampala, Uganda and should be delivered to the tent in the compound of Ministry of Health between 8:00 am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Online applications should include a cover letter, CV, National ID and Annual Practicing License sent as one PDF document. Candidates invited for interviews will be required to bring the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates (UCE, UACE, Professional Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Fellowships).
- Evidence of training in specialized areas where applicable.
- Letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion where applicable.
- Registration certificates and valid practicing licenses for health workers from relevant Professional Councils.
- National and current Institutional Identity Cards.
It is emphasized that:
- The applications should be submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring their original certificates, letters of appointment, Registration Certificates and Valid Practicing Licenses, and evidence of active service, or any other relevant documents at the interviews.
- Candidates who will present forged certificates shall be handed over to the Police for appropriate action.
Candidates who wish to apply online should submit their applications to
Deadline: 26th July 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com