Job Title: Research assistant (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Global Health Uganda (GHU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Ref: GHU 001/2021
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing work plans and implementation schedules for the study.
- Responsible for following up on recruitment and retention plans, ensures that the recruitment and follow-up goals of the study are met.
- Obtain study participant informed consent.
- Responsible for conducting interviews for study respondents as per protocol.
- Responsible for recording, transcribing and translating interviews and transcripts.
- Fill CRF forms, participates in maintaining records and making reports.
- Perform QA/QC to certify completeness of source documents.
- Participates in study subject identification, enrolment and follow-up activities including phone calls.
- Participate in data entry processes as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities, Public Health or any other Health related disciplines.
- Prior research experience in qualitative studies will be a strong added advantage.
- Should have done a form of GCP/HSP with an updated certificate.
- Ability to communicate well with patients and their care-givers.
- Personal integrity, flexible attitude and proactive.
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to handle work in an efficient manner.
- MUST be fluent in the native language and other local languages used in the area. (Lusoga in Jinja and Ateso in Atutur)
How to Apply:
All Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of three work related referees all in one PDF document addressed to: The Human Resource Officer, Global Health Uganda, P.O BOX 33842, Kampala, Uganda.
Please indicate your preferred work station in the subject of your email (Hydroxyurea Implementation Study based in Jinja Regional Referral Hospital & Atutur General Hospital in Kumi District)
Kindly send your application to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd August 2021 at 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com