Job Title: Associate Programme Management Officer (Fresher UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Programme Management-RSCE-158226-R-Entebbe (M)
Reports to: Chief Strategic Planning and Capacity Building Unit
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE), was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support.
Job Summary: This position is located in the Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) in the Strategic Planning and Capacity Building Unit. The Associate Programme Management Officer will report to the Chief Strategic Planning and Capacity Building Unit. The focus of the Associate Programme Management Officer is to support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of cross-cutting and strategic programmes and projects within the Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Participate in the development and roll-out of locally tailored cross-cutting strategic initiatives including but not limited to capacity building, knowledge management, business continuity, and multilingualism at the RSCE and with close coordination with counterparts in DOS, KJSO, and DMSPC.
- Prepare project related documents, including project initiation documents, progress reports, inter-office memoranda, high-level presentations to senior management
- Work with clients and counterparts to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; Monitor and analyze specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; Review relevant documents and reports; Identify issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions; Liaise with relevant parties; Identify and track follow-up actions.
- Carry out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provide substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends that are relevant to the Centre.
- Assist in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Initiate and develop surveys; design data collection tools; review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare preliminary conclusions.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conference, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics.
- Undertake outreach activities; participate in the development of training workshops, seminars, participate in and make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinate and consolidate reporting, preparation of annual work plan and budget and consolidation of inputs from relevant project managers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Associate Programme Management Officer job placement must hold an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Public Administration or a related field. A first level university degree with a combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience with UN system or similar International organizations is desirable.
- Experience in implementing cross-cutting projects at the national or regional levels is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Professionalism: exhibited ability to execute a broad range of cross-cutting programmes including capacity building and language training programmes, and operationalizing high level initiatives. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using surveys, interviews, and brainstorming sessions. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications through the United Nations online portal at the link below.
Deadline: 14th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com