Job Title: Procurement Supervisor – PM
Organisation: Movit Products Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Procurement Manager – PM & GS
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures healthy beauty hair, skin and nail care products aimed at empowering every person to face life with confidence. As part of our new strategic journey 2017-2021, we are expanding our operations and strengthening our structures to meet our customers’ needs.
Job Summary: The summary role of a Procurement Supervisor-PM is to focus on sourcing and supply base strategy for this critical direct material category. The supervisor will work closely the Assistant Procurement Manager to develop and execute business category strategies, drive analytics to identify ways to minimize ‘Total costs of ownership’ while maximizing service; manage the relationships and performance with the strategic suppliers. In these categories; and develop partnerships with those core firms that truly support. Movit’s needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with sales, Stores, Production, Marketing and other functional departments in the business to develop and implement category strategies which deliver target performance levels at optimum overall costs.
- Investigate value chain concepts through benchmarking, seminars, and/or other research avenues;
- Analyze all the current contracts to prepare for re-tendering with the business;
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to the organization and ensure that any issues are resolved;
- Lead the development of RFQ’s for various sub-segments, drive analytics and comparisons, and coordinate implementation of results;
- Engage engineering with new product development activities to deliver target product costs; promote supplier engagement in driving innovation and design alternatives;
- Develop and negotiate vendor contracts to drive performance, secure productivity, commitments, and protect against risks;
- Assist/guide the business unit with systemic issues from the Plastic suppliers and supplier engagement;
- Monitor supplier performance (quality, delivery, and cost) and drive improvement activities;
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the the core suppliers to ensure they are meeting outlined service requirement;
- Analyse data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends;
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services;
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands;
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure sustainability of inventory;
- Generate Monthly performance report;
- Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- Working with the entire staff and functions in Movit Products Limited;
- Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
- Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
- Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
- Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Procurement Supervisor-PM position should hold minimum a degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain management, Business Administration or in a related field;
- At least three years of relevant experience with a manufacturing background;
- Professionally qualified individual- i.e., CIPS-UK;
- Knowledge of up-to-date contract language and legislative requirements;
- Significant experience in sourcing, contracting and project management;
- Relevant category experience in the relevant area (Plastics- Containers, Jars, Caps & Kaveera (Polythene)
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing & sales principles;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, power point);
- Strong knowledge of procurement regulations;
- Expert negotiator and influencer;
- Strategic thinker with the vision to plan and drive results;
- Excited by innovation and new opportunities;
- Creative outlook when problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision, reporting and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
How to Apply:
All candidates should download the MPL Job Application Form, Click Here, fill it and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the Name of the job title in the subject line.
NB: Please note that while we thank all applicants for their interest in working with Movit Products Limited, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 26th July 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com