Job Title: Program Officer – Education And Planning
Organisation: Latek Stay Alliance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Latek Stay Alliance Uganda is an umbrella Organization of Social Entrepreneurs whose overall objective is to reduce extreme poverty in the communities under the thematic areas of Education, Health, and Income generation currently operating in Uganda. Our Vision is to set up an Umbrella Organization of Social entrepreneurs collaborating for improved Education, Health, and Incomes in the communities whereas our mission is to co-ordinate a network of social entrepreneurs that partner and learns from each other to improve the livelihoods of the communities in Uganda. The umbrella organization aims at strengthening self-help for communities with core values of self-determination, sustainable development, and integrity.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Officer – Education and planning will work closely with Latek members to ensure growth through; stakeholder engagements, designing and implementing the Programs; ensuring high programs quality and efficiency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the documentation and planning of the allocated Latek programs
- Assist with the development and continuous review of the education program
- Manage the planning and implementation of the education program within the agreed timelines
- Ensure good and strong stakeholder relationships and relationships respectively
- Lead operations on research during planning and development of the education program
- Liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to carry out program monitoring and evaluation
- Lead the delivery of partner training, including designing, facilitating, or co-facilitating where necessary
- Responsible for the efficient use of all the approved and allocated funds to facilitate all allocated program activities
- Respond to stakeholder needs and support other Latek program activities
- Attend to other activities assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Economics or any other related course with proof of knowledge in Entrepreneurship and Organizational business development. A postgraduate diploma in Project management and implementation is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of experience in running and designing innovative/development projects in national/international NGOs
- Proven ICT skills and experience with web-based tools and programs
- Understanding of the Ugandan education sub-sector
- Should be passionate about Social entrepreneurship with a positive mindset on impact financing and investment as a way of getting people out of poverty
- Demonstrate integrity and other Latek’s values and ethical standards.
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Latek Stay Alliance Uganda.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability in interacting with development partners, Latek staff, Social entrepreneurs, and beneficiaries
- Organize and accurately complete multiple tasks.
- Plan, coordinate, and organize workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners.
- Knowledge Management and Learning.
- In-depth knowledge of program management and organizational development
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft and virtual meeting management platforms
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to implement income-generating programs.
- Focus on results for the partners.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remain calm, in control, and maintain good humor even under pressure.
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, curriculum vitae including three referees, and copies of academic qualifications on email; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Interviews will take place either or both virtually and in Kampala at Latek Stay Alliance Secretariat in Kitebi, Rubaga Division, behind Kitebi Health IV.
Deadline: 30th July 2021 at 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com