Job Title: Sector Expert in Sexual Reproductive Health
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary: UGX 10,000,000 and UGX 13,000,000 /=
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Job Summary: The Sector Expert in Sexual Reproductive Health will report to the Intervention Manager of the Health Projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You lead the implementation of the Intervention’s activities in the West Nile and Acholi sub-region in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health by providing inputs for planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation in order to ensure the results are achieved withing the set execution deadline;
- You provide technical input in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health in order to achieve the Intervention’s technical performance in accordance with National and International norms and standards;
- You contribute to knowledge building and knowledge Management in Sexual Reproductive Health and Results Based Financing;
- You develop capacities of partner entities to contribute to the improvement of their organisations, processes, systems and their staff competencies in the area of Reproductive Health.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Population and Reproductive Health, Public Health, Health Management plus other related studies;
- A Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a Specialist in Reproductive Health
- A Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Managing Health Projects in Development Co-operation or an NGO setting;
- A Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the Public Health Sector;
- Experience in working in the West Nile and Acholi Sub-region is an added advantage.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.);
- You have knowledge and experience in Sexual Reproductive Health;
- You are knowledgeable about the Project Management Cycle;
- You have experience in People Management and Management of Teams;
- You are knowledgeable about knowledge Management and knowledge sharing;
- You have experience in working with Development Partners also including District Officials;
- You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach;
- You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
- You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity;
- You are flexible and can work in a changing environment.
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel
A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 10,000,000 and UGX 13,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum using the on-line application link below:
Deadline: 23rd July 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com