Job Title: School-level Human Centred Design Thinking Facilitators
Organisation: Aga Khan Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AKF, in partnership with a global consortium of private foundations, is co-launching Schools2030, a 10-year (2020-2030) learning improvement programme. The ten-year initiative is a participatory action research and learning improvement programme in 1,000 government schools across the ten countries. Using the principles of Human-Centred Design (HCD) and focusing on the key transition years of ages 5, 10 and 15, Schools2030 seeks to catalyse locally rooted education solutions that can inform systems-level approaches for improving holistic learning outcomes. In Uganda, AKF will partner with 100 sites (schools and youth development partners) to drive classroom level innovation to enable teacher generated solutions to identify and inform ‘what works in education’ for Uganda.
Scope of work
School2030 will conduct a series of school‐level HCD workshops for the partner schools and youth development partners to design their own solutions to addressing the deficits emerging from the child learning outcomes and learning environment assessments undertaken by teachers.
The school-level HCD workshops will be co-facilitated by a team for 3 external facilitators who will be tasked with providing further support to schools in designing and implementing their solution.
The HCD facilitators with support with AKF Staff will be responsible for facilitating the delivery of the school-level HCD workshops for the 100 sites.
Job Summary: The identified candidates will facilitate HCD trainings and feedback sessions to support Schools2030 school sites, identify challenges at their campuses, design and iterate solutions which will be pitched at district and national platforms.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the facilitators’ training content, guided by the Schools2030 HCD tools and resources and deliver the training.
- Provide support to facilitators on delivering HCD trainings to schools and partners.
- Support the schools to design, test, and adapt classroom and school level solutions to improve learning environments and learning outcomes.
- Support the youth development partners to design, test, and adapt youth-based solutions to strengthen youth pathways to education, empowerment, and employment.
- Provide the Schools2030 programme feedback on the HCD schools and facilitator training, including recommendations for improvement.
- Schedule feedback sessions to support teachers reflect and iterate the developed prototypes.
- Prepare for and facilitate HCD facilitators’ training.
- Facilitate HCD school-level training. (Virtual and Physical)
- Provide support to facilitators and schools during the design process.
- Prepare and submit HCD report; including, but not limited to:
- Process documentation
- Anecdotes and stories from participants
- Highlight of solutions developed.
- Review of HCD tools and resources
- Training attendance and commitment
- Comments on additional support and follow up plan
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate qualification
- Relevant experience working in schools and/or education programmes
- Proven experience using Human Centred Design (design research / design thinking) research methodologies preferred.
- Proven experience delivery of HCD training courses.
- Proven experience producing high quality reports
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple work assignments
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Excellent ICT skills with basic Microsoft software
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Submit a two-page cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional
Deadline: 23rd July 2021 by 4:30pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com