Job Title: Program Administrator (PA)
Organisation: Embassy of Sweden in Kampala
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Embassy of Sweden in Kampala through its development cooperation is responsible for the implementation of the Swedish development cooperation with Uganda that, at the overall level, aims to contribute to the objective of reducing poverty in Uganda. Our bilateral development cooperation includes support to project and programmes in areas such as democracy and human rights, inclusive economic growth, productive employment, climate and environment, sustainable energy, and health. The Embassy also supports a bilateral research programme that aims to strengthen capacity and research at public universities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Embassy of Sweden is advertising an open position as a locally employed Programme Administrator (PA). The PA will report to the Head of Cooperation (HoC) and will be attached to the Development Cooperation Section. As some of the duties will be in areas that fall under the Administrative Section, supervision will be shared between the HoC and the Head of Administration. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team and benefit from receiving support from a network that not only includes colleagues at the Embassy but also PAs and accountants in Sweden and in other embassies in the region. The position is challenging, involves many different tasks and duties and offers many opportunities for professional growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Embassy is looking for a flexible, outgoing, thorough and well-organized person with previous exposure to the duties outlined below.
Development Cooperation section
- Quality assurance including monthly follow-up of project agreement details in the systems, extra control checks on payments/disbursements, support to program officers (POs) with the aim of ensuring that all project documentation is registered correctly and physically archived etc.
- Contribution management which involves working together with POs and Controllers on tasks related to appraisals of new interventions, reviewing of reports, preparing disbursements and closure of projects etc.
- Administrative support including assisting in managing various reporting systems, procurement matters, handling of logistics for events/meetings etc.
- Other tasks including attending to network meetings and accounting matters etc.
- Payments, book-keeping and account reconciliation, salary administration
- Support relating to:
- The budget and financial follow-up process
- The procurement processes –
- Risk assessment and internal control procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Embassy of Sweden in Kampala Program Administrator job must hold an academic degree in economics, finance, accounting or other relevant field or equivalent knowledge
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office-package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Good analytical capacity
- Self-driven, flexible, solutions-oriented including ability to organize and follow up own work
- Knowledge of Sida’s contribution management system and cycle is a merit but not a requirement
- Professional qualifications/certifications in accounting and/or or procurement is a merit but not a requirement
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of their academic documents, resume and cover letter to the Human Capital Consultant, Inspire Talent by email on email@example.com
Deadline: 7th August 2021.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com