Job Title: Senior Administrative Associate
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
UNHCR is committed to the effective protection to children of concern, with children representing more than half of the persons falling under its mandate. UNHCR adopts a rights and community-based approach to address the protection needs of children, with a strong emphasis on inclusion within national child protection, child friendly procedures and working with other sectors to protect children including education. Child protection is recognized as global organizational priority for UNHCR. Dedicated child protection positions are needed to provide technical support to improve UNHCR’s operational capacity to deliver effective protection to children, adolescents and youth of concern.
Job Summary: The Senior Administrative Associate is responsible for assisting the concerned manager in the implementation of general administrative and resource management tasks. The incumbent will work quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, who will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches; work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures. S/he is normally supervised by a (Senior) Administrative Officer or a National Administrative Officer.
The incumbent may directly supervises some support staff. Contacts on administrative related issues are mainly with Sections/Units/Offices within the organization both at HQ and in the Field and with local suppliers/services/partners/national authorities on routine subject matters as well as on matters of importance to the Organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the supervisor in the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office.
- Assist the supervisor in ensuring the UNHCR Office premises provide a healthy, safe and respectful working environment.
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the office to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and specialized areas.
- Participates in the recruitment and training of General Service staff for specialized and non-specialized work and assigns General Service staff to meet work requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates work of subordinates directly or through lower-level supervisors.
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise, directly and indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Briefs international personnel on general administrative matters, provides advice and ensures administrative support as required.
- Advises and assists senior staff in the area of office management.
- Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepares correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or specialized tasks that may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Senior Administrative Associate job should hold For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position is desired
- Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
- IT-Computer Literacy*
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation*
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures*
- UN-UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures
- SC-UNHCR Procurement Rules and Procedures
- IT-PeopleSoft EPM/Budget
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Change Capability and Adaptability
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 29th July 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com