Job Title: Business & Enterprise Development Manager – RE:BUILD Project (readvertised)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala with field offices in Kitgum, Moroto, Yumbe, Imvepi, Kyaka II and Kiryandongo.
The IRC is implementing and Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (RE:BUILD) program funded by IKEA Foundation for the Refugees in East Africa. The 5 years project is being implemented in both Kampala and Nairobi. The IRC is the Lead Partner and is coordinating a consortium of local and international partners to deliver the program. RE:BUILD seeks to achieve economic self-reliance and benefit from strengthened urban economic, regulatory and social environments for urban refugees and vulnerable host residents. RE:BUILD aims to enable change at varying levels, from better access to livelihoods opportunities and inclusive services within communities to improved refugee-related policies and more targeted and effective service delivery from national, regional and global actors.
Job Summary: The Business & Enterprise Development Manager will be responsible for providing business development services for businesses, enterprise selection and development, overall management of private sector partnerships and stakeholder engagement and relationship management. S/he directly reports to the RE:BUILD Project Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Implementation
- Liaise and collaborate with KCCA, banks, CBOs, refugee-led organizations (RLOs), business incubation centers, mentors, training institutions, private sector and other project partners for smooth implementation of the project.
- Develop and sustain relationships with private and public enterprises and associations, NGOs, and bilateral and multilateral organizations that offer employment and/or support self-employment of refugees and vulnerable individuals in Kampala.
- Develop and sustain relationships with financial institutions that provide or could arrange financial products for refugees, vulnerable individuals and/ or their groups.
- Participate and advise on enterprise and business selection, provide insight into product development and competitive positioning of businesses.
- Work with the M&E and research team to conduct market research to identify new business and market opportunities.
- Develop proposals for existing and new businesses to reduce their costs, improve their profitability and design strategies for business growth.
- Assist RE:BUILD beneficiaries who are entrepreneurs look for formal and informal markets for their products and services as well source for appropriate and affordable inputs for their businesses
- Provide coaching and training to staff and clients.
- Provide financial literacy and business development trainings.
- Develop and submit monthly work plans to RE:BUILD Project Manager for review.
- Ensure that the monthly work plans are cognizant of the project work plan, indicator tracking sheet and spending plan
- Ensure all project activities under her/his control are completed within agreed timelines and ensure anticipated delays are communicated in time.
- Effectively track all program procurements for her/his team ensuring advance requisition are done and submitted to the supply chain department in time to avoid implementation delays.
- Budget utilization
- Participate in monthly review spending plan meetings led by the Project Manager or ERD Coordinator where need be.
- Participate in budget realignment discussions where necessary.
- Review activity specific budgets for his/her team for example trainings and ensure there is value for money.
- Human resources administration and management
- Participate in the recruitment and orientation of new officers.
- Cultivate spirit of cohesion, teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect amongst Re:BUILD team members.
- Coordination and representation
- Conduct courtesy visits to the offices of OPM, KCCA, Kampala City Divisions’ Chairpersons, ILO, UNCHR, WFP, other NGOs and collaborating partners.
- Attend Steering Review Group (SRG) meetings and ensure that the written summary report to be presented is reviewed by the RE:BUILD Project Manager two days prior to the meeting and also ensure documentation and share key issues from the meeting with the Project Manager on the same day of meeting.
- Collaborate effectively with other RE: BUILD departments and IRCs sectors and departments while receiving and providing technical assistance when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree in Business Management or Administration, Marketing, business development, SMEs, local economic development and related fields is essential; specialized training in project management or monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in implementing livelihoods and business development projects; with good aptitude of logical framework approach; experience with household income growth strategies
- Excellent networking and liaison skills.
- Strong computer and analytical report writing skills.
- Alert in regards to security and detail oriented.
- Good knowledge of the low-income residential areas of Kampala City will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com