Job Title: HR Business Partner
Organization: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Business Partner contributes to the development and drives the implementation of strategic plans for the HR department as well as the overall workforce; motivates and influences teams to drive and support the delivery of the human capital agenda. The role holder plays a critical role in driving the transformation agenda of the Bank, influencing change, driving and embedding a high-performance culture, managing talent attraction and end to end employee relations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement initiatives and plans to deliver the strategic objectives of the Bank and the HR department.
- Engage business teams and develop effective working relationships, influence and challenge the Business Unit leaders on the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with other players in the industry and Group to develop solutions, programs and policies to current and emerging human capital issues.
- Manage the talent acquisition process to ensure the right fit for roles and timely filling of vacancies.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Business KPI’s and performance drivers and manage the implementation of the performance management process to ensure delivery of the Bank’s KPI’s.
- Manage the employee relations process and maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement initiatives and plans to enhance employee engagement and achievement of the Organizational Health Index KPI’s.
- Equip Line managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management etc.
- Be a catalyst for change management to deliver KCB’s transformational agenda and cultural change objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the KCB Bank HR Business Partner job placement must hold a
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or Social Sciences (A good first degree). A master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications, MCIPD is an added advantage.
- Total minimum number of years’ experience required is 8 years. Three years’ experience in Recruitment, four years in Implementation and HR Change program, two years in Job analysis, design and/or evaluation, 4 years in facilitation of workshops/ training programs, 4 years in managing employer/ labour relations and 4 years in workforce planning.
- Leadership Skills
- Business acumen
- Stakeholder engagement
- People management skills
- Strategic HR Business Partnering
- Change management and change leadership
- HR Analytics
- Presentation skills
- Data analysis & Benchmarking
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the KCB Bank online recruitment portal at the link below.
Deadline: 6th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com