Job Title: Director /Chief Internal Auditor
Organisation: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by an Act of Parliament (1998) to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System.
The Bureau’s core business includes, among others, the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics to support development processes at local and national government levels, including policy, planning, decision-making, monitoring and evaluation.
Job Summary: To provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve statistical production and services/operations on risk management, internal controls and governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Internal Audit Planning
- Develop internal audit strategy within the Internal Audit Directorate.
- Carry out audit planning for the Directorate with clear work plans.
- Plan financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews and audits to be undertaken.
Review the Internal Control Environment
- Document the results of audit work in accordance with auditing standards.
- Provide advisory services on risk, control and governance issues and matters.
- Review compliance with the applicable laws, policies and standards and on the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of implementation activities at the Bureau.
- Review on resource acquisition, deployment, utilisation, and disposal and ascertain whether the arrangements for the safe custody of assets are appropriate and adequate.
- Offer assurance and consultancies in timely cost effective manner in line with the budgets and work plan and ensure resources are duly accounted for.
- Ensure all audit activities undertaken are in accordance to the International and National auditing principles and standards
- Undertake management and control of the Division operations
Conduct exit meetings and obtain the input of the Department/Unit audited in the key audit findings.
- Ensure and facilitate all entry and exit audit services in line with the policies, procedures and standards
Prepare the internal audit report with the findings and recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare timely audit reports for the Board of Directors.
Track Implementation of Internal Audit Recommendations
- Follow up and report on the status of implementation of the audit recommendations in the Department/units audited.
Undertake Internal Special Investigations
- Ensure internal investigations are handled as per OAG internal policy guidelines.
- Carry out entry meeting planning, execution and drafting reports and final reporting as well as exit meetings.
- Assess systems audit to ascertain whether or not internal controls are appropriate to the department/unit, and whether or not they are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Review the projects implemented by OAG and report on project management, implementation, and conduct post-implementation reviews.
- Supervise the team for effective implementation of the Bureau activities and compliance with the policy and guidelines.
- Train, coach, coordinate and appraise the performance of the team as per the UBOS policies.
- Provide lead in the regular training and skills improvement of the team for growth and innovation for better performance
- Do any other related task that may be assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration(Accounting Option), Statistics or any related field majoring in Accounting or Finance from a recognised institution.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
- Holder and membership to professional bodies like ACCA, CPA, CIMA or CIA or any other related courses
- Relevant functional computer application knowledge and related computer technology.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is an added advantage.
- At least six years of working experience in Auditing, Finance and Accounting at a senior level in a public institution, three of which should be at the Principal Internal Auditor level in the public sector or, an equivalent level of experience in audit work from a reputable organization.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skills.
- Data mining and analytics, such as the use of IFMS.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer applications and relevant auditing or financial management packages
- Interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Integrity, objectivity and independence
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com