Job Title: Database Administrator (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator will plan and develop a database ensuring the performance, integrity and security of all institution’s application databases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, develop/customise and install enterprise databases in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Maintain database integrity by ensuring database parameters, objects and access are standardised and managed.
- Maintain database security by ensuring security plans and measures are laid out and followed.
- Monitor database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters.
- Maintain business continuity preparedness for enterprise databases by implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform system database integrations to introduce new innovative business channels by ensuring an end to end integration with third party systems.
- Introduce new technology tools and applications that enable accommodation of changing business requirements.
- Planning, sizing installation and configuration of enterprise database management systems on new server installations during primary disaster recovery and staging environment setups.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary and capacity planning.
- Budget for new installations, licensing.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Database Administrator must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, or any related field.
- Certifications in Microsoft certified database administrator (MSCDBA) or Oracle database, Microsoft SQL.
- A minimum of three years of working experience in a busy ICT Environment preferably within a banking institution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com