Job Title: Business Development Officer
Organisation: SMAT Marketing
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SMAT Marketing is a business communications consultancy for growth-minded brands. Founded in 2014 in Kampala, Uganda, SMAT Marketing has quickly become one of the most reliable marketing companies, partnering with growing businesses to achieve their branding, sales and awareness goals.
Job Summary: The Business Development Officer will be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales. You will work closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products, and recommend the right solutions. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. Ultimately, the duties of a Business development officer are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the company’s sales goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Actively seek out customers in our local and regional territories
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process service purchases while complying with strict company procedures
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Mathematics skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of meeting sales quota
- Familiarity with sales procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with a customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- We want to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about selling, success, and independence.
- You are able to work independently but want to be part of an engaged, exciting team.
- You are looking to make a positive difference and change business for good.
- Your approach to work is fun and inclusive.
- You want to help drive wider team goals in a fast-paced work environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com