Job Title: Credit Manager
Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers
Job Summary: The person manages the lending risk for KCB Bank Uganda corporate, mortgage, SME and personal loans book through analysis of credit applications in accordance with the Bank’s credit policy, FIA guidelines and best practice to achieve quality growth in the asset book in line with the bank’s strategic plans. The Credit Department is charged with overseeing the Bank’s loan portfolio. The department constitutes of three main units i.e. Credit Analysis, Credit Administration and Collections/Recoveries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality assessment and prudent decisions on loan applications within lending discretionary limit and/or making recommendations to higher approving authority.
- Compliance with target turnaround time and the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Undertake portfolio evaluation and conduct comprehensive studies on the industry and market environment.
- Provide leadership for the credit team reporting to the Head of Credit in view of establishing and maintaining a high performing and motivated team.
- Provide prompt guidance, mentoring, coaching and support on aspects of credit to all credit teams across branch network.
- To grow the good book whilst minimizing risk.
- Provide the lead technical support on development of new and reviewing existing credit products and credit appraisal tools.
- Identify training needs of credit teams in head office and across branch network through branch visits, spot checks and observations and recommend appropriate credit up-skilling.
- Assist the Head of Credit and or Senior Credit Manager on all credit related issues delegated and act in his capacity while he is away.
- Appraise the performance of the head office credit analysts based on their Balanced Score cards.
- Sanction credit applications within delegated lending discretionary authority for KCB Bank Uganda.
- Assess and recommend for approval credit applications above delegated lending discretionary authority.
- Coach and mentor credit analysts within KCBU Head Office
- Monitor quality of approvals for Credit Analysts’ discretion on a sample basis
- Monitor daily work allocation to ensure equitable distribution.
- Monitor pre-approved loan applications pending with business to ensure they are sanctioned within SLA.
- Follow up on reviews (expired & expiring) with the relationship managers/branches.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree preferably in Economics, Business, Statistics or related business field from a recognized and reputable institution. Professional qualifications in certified credit management is an added advantage.
- Master’s Degree is an Added Advantage.
- Total minimum number of years’ experience required – 6 years. Experience in relationship management, credit analysis and approval, problem loan management.
- Knowledge of Banking Operations/ Credit Processes.
- Good credit underwriting skills.
- General Banking Knowledge
- Analytical and Critical Thinker.
- Self – Drive, Flexibility, Focus and attention to detail.
- Open to New Ideas in a rapidly changing Business Environment
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the KCB Bank online recruitment portal at the link below.
Deadline: 6th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com