Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Fresher A’ Level USAID Project Jobs)
Organisation: Education Development Center (EDC)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
About USAID ICYD Project:
EDC is implementing the USAID ICYD Project. The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments. The successful candidate will be required to work with cross-functional teams within the organization across the country. This is a full-time position based in Hoima, Uganda. *This is a Zonal position. Applicants based in the district or neighboring districts of the respective ICYD Zonal office should apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments;
- Photocopy, scan and fax documents as necessary;
- Maintain up to date tracking and filing system of relevant correspondence, incoming and outgoing;
- Manage the telephone and fax systems and notify any failure or problems to the supervisor for remedial action;
- Receive and attend to, in a professional manner, all office visitors;
- Manage the official Notice Board and display official communications and promotional information in an attractive manner;
- Maintain the boardroom calendar;
- Serve as a back-up to the Office Assistant in the management of the stock of office supplies and ensure delivery to staff using the appropriate forms or documents;
- Make logistical arrangements for in-house meetings (meals, conference room bookings, supplies etc.);
- Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the position as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant job should hold a Secondary School Certificate. Certificate/Diploma in HRM, LGM or BA or other diploma or degree in a related field will be preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Should have professional demeanor;
- Excellent English skills (oral and written);
- Ability to demonstrate highest degree of confidentiality;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment, fax, scanner and photocopier;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred. Computer literacy is required;
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to work under pressure.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com