Job Title: Human Resource Officer (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Biyinzika Poultry International Limited (BPIL)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: HR Manager
Biyinzika Poultry International Limited (BPIL) is the leading integrated poultry company and a recognized household brand within Uganda. Established 30 years ago as Biyinzika, BPIL has grown from small beginnings to a company with over 95 employees stationed in over 9 production sites. BPIL produces and distributes quality day-old chicks and HACCP certiﬁed animal feed through over 40 branches within Uganda and the East African region. BPIL also produces chicken meat products under the Pearl Chicken brand retailed directly through our 30 Pearl chicken shops. Pearl also supplies leading wholesale, retail and food service customers with quality Ugandan National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) certiﬁed products.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing business partnership support in the use of BPIL’s human resources. The Human Resource Officer will work with the HR Manager to support Line Managers across BPIL, enabling them to build and nurture the high – performing teams necessary to run their business efficiently while integrating all HR initiatives that support strategic projects. Effectiveness will depend on one’s ability to develop quick and credible relationships throughout the company and gain the commitment and confidence of the teams he/she supports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the efficiency of HR policy and systems to enable company trust and professionalism:
- Work with Line Managers to circulate and ensure implementation of the HR Policy and Procedures manual
- Advise the HR Manager on any changes that need to be made in the policy manual periodically
- All policies and systems are included in the induction of staff with monthly policy alerts
- Ensure that the monthly policy alerts are discussed during team meetings across departments
Recruitment and Selection
- Advise Managers on recruitment procedures and follow up on necessary approvals to ensure timely recruitment of staff.
- Develop job adverts and ensure adverts are widely spread to attract the best candidates.
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure staff has current and updated job frameworks.
- Set up interviews, work with HOD’s to select efficient interview panels, make interview notes and reference checks accordingly.
Recruitment and Selection
- Advise managers on recruitment procedures and make follow up on necessary approvals to ensure timely recruitment of staff
- Develop job adverts and ensure adverts are widely spread to attract the best candidates
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure staff have current and updated Job Frameworks
- Set up interviews, work with HOD’s to select efficient interview panel, make interview notes, make reference checks accordingly.
Support Performance Management Process
- Train Managers on how to conduct performance reviews consistent with company needs.
- Train staff on the Performance Management Tool and provide required guidance through the process.
- Take action on poor performance as recommended by line managers on the performance review form including issuing warning letters, performance improvement plans, terminations etc.
Support the staff disciplinary and grievance process
- Draft disciplinary summons, arrange disciplinary meetings, take hearing minutes.
- Draft disciplinary letters including warning letters and suspensions.
- Arrange and sit in HOD forums.
- Work with staff representatives to timely identify and act on staff concerns across departments, provide feedback to staff on actions that have been taken regarding raised grievances/concerns.
- Sit in departmental meetings as may be required to clarify HR related issues, work with HOD’s to ensure staff monthly meetings happen, take note of HR concerns and follow up on required actions.
- Engage in counselling staff about any problems they may have, either at work or in their personal life.
- Listen, respond and resolve staff queries as presented to the HR office.
- Support the development of monthly HR reports supporting efficient people-related decisions.
- Administration of staff communication and documentation
- Draft staff correspondences including transfer letters, internal memos, salary increment letters, promotion letters etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Staff grievances/concerns are timely solved.
- Presentation of accurate and timely HR reports.
- HR correspondences are accurate and clear.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Human Resource Management or any other related field.
- Four to five years of experience in Human Resource Management in a busy company.
- Basic understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labour laws and administrative law.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and adapt to the organisational policies, systems and procedures.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Sense of fairness and equity in handling HR issues.
- Absolute discretion and a high sense of confidentiality.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have good organising skills and be able to develop plans, policies and forecasts.
- Have problem solving skills to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems.
- Knowledgeable in Human Resource Management Systems and with Navision as an added advantage.
- Value adding (willingness to go an extra mile for BPIL, staff and customers).
- Kindness (enthusiasm and passion).
- Strong commitment to the goal and vision of BPIL.
- Results driven.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email their updated CVs to: email@example.com
Deadline: 10th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com