Job Title: Case Management Officer
Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Host Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the WHO Country Representative and reporting to the Incident Manager (IM), the incumbent shall perform the following tasks;
- Support clinical management, including participating in direct clinical care of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases while observing effective Infection Prevention and Control measures (IPC).
- Develop and implement drills on specific skills that enhance the capabilities of the health workers at the COVID-19 treatment centres.
- Develop and implement appropriate trainings to enhance case management and IPC skills among the health workers in the treatment centres.
- Support health facilities in upgrading standards and practice in IPC treament centres.
- Improve by appropriate means the availability, quality, presentation and utilization of clinical date and information and to recommend appropriate priority actions to WHO, Ministry of Health, and districts.
- Use the results of analysis of clinical data to identify priority areas and actions to reduce the risk of amplification of outbreak prone diseases in the health facilities.
- Support monitoring of the health of health workers working in COVID -19 treatment centres and districts in line with WHO and MOH guidance.
- Support the collection of daily statistics on case management from the centres where deployed as well as other treatment centres if needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Case Management Officer must possess minimum of an MBChB degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution. He/she must be registered with Medical & Dental Practitioners Council.
- Three years of related work experience
- Prior humanitarian working experience at field level with WHO, other UN agency or with an international Non-Governmental organization.
- Training in the clinical management of COVID-19 or related infection prevention is higly desirable.
- At least one year of clinical practice experience post internship in a busy setting involiving management of all range of patients including paediatrics and adult patients.
- Area of expertise
- Other emergency management experience, General human medicine (with clinical experience), Other health related experience
- Clinical practice experience/post internship in a busy setting involving management of all range of patients including paediatrics and adult patients.
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Competencies values: Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Volunteers UNV in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com