Job Title: Project Manager Nutrition
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: Save the Children is seeking job applications for a Project Manager-Nutrition. The Project Manager takes overall coordination, planning, management and completion of SCI projects. The PM will work closely with the project team and liaise with other functional managers to ensure day to day activities are implemented within the established framework for the project, timescales, budget and quality. S/he will continually monitor all aspects of project performance by instituting the use of necessary project management processes and tools. The PM will ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget and that every other person working for the project fulfils their responsibilities to make this a reality. By default, the PM will be the budget holder for the project and will be expected to provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful program.
The post holders may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a higher diploma in Health/Nutrition and working experience in the health sector are also encouraged to apply.
- At least five years of experience managing Health /MNCH/SRH and gender related programs in Uganda (preferably with an International NGO).
- Demonstrable experience in all phases of project management.
- Demonstrable experience in budget monitoring
- People management skills – team building, with experience of supervising staff
- Efficient report writing and presentation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th August 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com