Job Title: Human Resources Assistant (Several UN Job Opportunities)
Organisation: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Human Resources-RSCE-162327-J-Entebbe (R)
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
Job Summary: This position is located in the Client Services Pillar. The Human Resources Assistant at this level reports to the Client Services Officer, Client Support Unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Client Services Officer, Client Support unit, the Human Resources Assistant will perform the following duties:
Administration of entitlements
- Assist in the preparation of staff members’ entitlements including claims, danger pay, daily subsistence allowance, mission subsistence allowance for Government Provided Personnel and Individual Uniformed Personnel, volunteer living allowance and any other allowances for payments iii conformity and adherence to applicable United Nations policies e.g. staff rules, financial regulations and rules, ST/AI Administrative issuances or practices, lPSAS policy framework etc.
- Process the entitlements, benefits and payroll for the international and national civilian staff and non-staff on behalf of the Client Missions and/or the RSCE, as well as claims for official travel and expense reimbursements.
- Assist in managing the Service Line as appropriate in the business processes related to payroll, leave entitlements, contract extensions, other entitlements, separations and final payments for civilian staff, non-staff and uniformed personnel.
- Assist in the processes related to the on-boarding, Travel arrangements, payment of settling-in grants, check-in, check-out and separation activities for civilian staff, uniformed personnel and non-staff, as well as the installation and repatriation of recognized dependents.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of related guidelines, staff rules, HR rules and regulations, practices and procedures, and makes recommendations through the Service Delivery Manager where necessary.
- Process and administer end to end entitlements and benefits of international staff members in the RSCE in an efficient and timely manner, i.e., Personnel Administration of Contracts, Personnel administration of movements, Time Management and Separations.
- Advise internal and external clients on Benefits and Entitlements; Staff Rules and Regulations and HR guidelines and promotes a collaborative and client-oriented approach.
- Review and process requests for entitlements and claims
- Assist the service line with the administration and clarification on the processing of benefits and entitlements processes in compliance with the Rules and Financial framework.
- Determine, certify and process financial entitlements related to appointments, reassignments, ongoing entitlements and salaries
- Accurate and complete submission of claims and entitlements
- Review and revise HR policy guidelines relating to Benefits and entitlements as deem necessary
- Perform human resources administration of Benefits and Entitlements in UMOJA in line with the delegation of authority, maintains UMOJA entitlements and HR local contracts and administration roles.
- Assist in the review and processing of data pertaining to conditions of service.
- Resolve queries escalated in iNeed in UMOJA.
- Provide general office support services; drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications.
- Sets up and maintains reference files/records (electronic and paper).
- Schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Maintains automated database containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, request for office supplies and equipment, etc.).
- May provide guidance/training to less experienced staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre at Entebbe Human Resources Assistant job placement should hold a High school diploma or equivalent. Required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in application of UN Staff Rules and Regulations in an operational environment is desirable, including administration of a broad range of entitlements and benefits using SAP or Umoja.
- Languages: fluency in English is required; and knowledge of the French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Deadline: 12th September 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com