Job Title: Travel Officer
Organisation: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Administration-RSCE-163414-J-Entebbe (R)
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
Job Summary: The incumbent provides travel related services within the Travel Service Line of the Regional Service Center Entebbe (RSCE). S/he provides guidance and direction to the Service Line
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Service Line Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Oversee travel related services for RSCE client missions.
- Monitor the work of the Travel Administrators (TAs), Travel and Shipment Approvers (TSAs), Travel Processing Officers (TPOs) and the Contracts Management and Reporting Unit (CMRU) in the service Line.
- Provide guidance on travel administration policies and practices.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders i.e., Finance, Human Resources and Quality Assurance teams in ensuring that travel needs of RSCE Client Missions are adequately served.
- Verify services rendered by the Travel Management Contractors (TMCs) are satisfactory and in accordance with the signed contracts.
- Ensure that the quotations provided for airline tickets are at the most competitive market prices.
- Monitor Travel Dashboard and ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
- Compile and analyze RSCE client mission travel related reports.
- Coordinate with Travel Claims Processors (TCPs) in the RSCE on cross cutting issues
- Liaise with Client Service Delivery Pillar (CSDP) on queries sent through iNEED and the responses to clients.
- Coordinate with RSCE client missions to discuss details of complex travel requests and provide support on issuances of travel related broadcasts.
- Assist the Service Line Manager in supervising the day-to-day functions of the Service Line and coordinating travel related matters for RSCE Clients.
- Act as a Certifying Officer under Rule 105.5 of Financial Regulations and Rules of the United Nations.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Travel Officer job placement should hold an advanced University Degree (Master Degree), preferably in the field of business administration, travel, transport, and related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience working with complex travel operations is required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, special political missions and UN agencies, Funds and Programmes) or similar international organization or non-governmental organization in a conflict or post-conflict setting is required.
- Experience working with Staff Regulations and Rules, Financial Regulations and Rules, and procedures of the United Nations System or similar large international organization is desirable
- Languages: For this post fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates knowledge of the UN Editorial and Correspondence Manual. Demonstrates mastery of administrative functions. Demonstrates knowledge of protocols and security requirements and ability to plan ahead and quickly adjust programs. Demonstrates understanding of multicultural and gender requirements and ability to apply UN rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations. Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and processes simultaneously in a fast-paced and pressured environment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Deadline: 20th September 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com