Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide finance, administrative and secretarial support to the project office, staff, and to project consultants as appropriate. He/she will participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets, account for all the project field funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment. Develop a database of contact information; maintain distribution lists for various kinds of project communication and schedule all project meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day to day project activities in the Districts.
- Participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets.
- Work with the Districts & project teams to support delivery of comprehensive services.
- Ensure safe custody and account for all the project field funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment.
- Prepare all mobile money requests for payment processing.
- Develop monthly schedules to allocate use of vehicles.
- Supervise the Transport Assistants and Office Assistant.
- Support in the management of project resources such as human resources, finances, vehicles among others.
- Prepare financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage.
- Managing inventory of assets and supplies, monitoring critical level of stocks.
- Coordinating between project operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Scheduling and coordinating all appointments and meetings both staff and those for other stakeholders as scheduled.
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Manages staff Leave schedules and maintain an updated staff project leave tracker
- And any other duties as reasonably assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate degree in accounting, business administration, finance, public administration or other related field.
- At least three years’ experience working in finance in a public, private sector or international NGO environment
- Working experience in institutional development, project management and conversant working with MOH systems.
- Experience in managing US government funds (rules and regulations) will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All Interested Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th September 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com