Job Title: National Project Personnel – Administrative Assistant (Entry Level UN Jobs)
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of office support, management support and administrative tasks, providing for the smooth and efficient running of the Office. He/ she ensures quality and consistency of the flow of office work and information in the work unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as focal point to all administrative requests linked, but not limited, to Moroto Sub-office programme implementation, including:
- Fleet management (e.g. vehicle servicing, etc.);
- Travel of FAO and non-FAO staff, in coordination with programme/project managers;
- Planning of meetings, seminars, workshops and other events at the sub-office/region;
- Petty cash and other financial disbursements, in coordination with the FAO Uganda Finance Unit;
- Ensure all office equipment at the Moroto sub-office (e.g. generator, furniture, etc.) is maintained and in good working condition and inform the Logistics Assistant of any issue/problem that requires intervention;
- Coordinate and indirectly supervise cleaning staff, in consultation with the head of the Moroto sub-office.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents at the Moroto sub-office
- Manage supply stores in the Moroto sub-office by:
- Ensuring adequate supplies are ordered on a timely basis;
- Detailed record of all supplies are kept;
- Issue and manage property transfer forms when supplies and equipment are handed over to staff;
- In coordination with the Logistics Assistant:
- Manage and monitor sub-office project inputs, assets and office supplies according to the FAO asset policy.
- Handle receipt, verification, storage, distribution/disposal and/or replenishment of project inputs, assets and office supplies,
- Keep a detailed record accordingly (including maintaining copies of relevant documentation – e.g. property transfers forms);
- Assist the Logistics Assistant with physical fixed asset verifications, including assessment of condition and replacement schedules, whenever required;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) National Project Personnel – Administrative Assistant job must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Business Studies, Procurement, Human Resource, Accounting/Finance or a related field
- Three years of relevant experience in Finance, Human Resource, Operations, Administration, Accounting and or project management
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions
- Extent and relevance of experience in the project/programme administrative management, office management, finance, logistics, including supervisory experience
- Extent of knowledge of accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Working knowledge of English is obligatory.
- National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st October 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com