Job Title: Administrator (Fresher Diploma Jobs)
Organization: EMERGENCY Life Support for Civilian War Victims (EMERGENCY)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
EMERGENCY Life Support for Civilian War Victims (EMERGENCY) is an independent Italian organization established in 1994 to offer high-quality, free medical and surgical care to victims of war, landmines and poverty. It promotes a culture of peace, solidarity and respect for human rights.
Job Summary: The Administrator will be responsible for the management of all the administrative and accountancy procedures of the project. You will co-ordinate, supervise and work alongside the non-medical national staff, managing the organisation of work and providing them with on-the-job training. The international administrator is responsible to the Project Coordinator, and is in regular communication with the EMERGENCY Humanitarian Office in Italy (HQ) regarding all aspects of the job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all the administrative and accountancy documentation of the project is kept correctly, including that required by the auditors and possible donor organisations;
- Ensure the correct management of cash, bank accounts, and the reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis;
- Ensure the correct administrative management of the national staff (salaries, contracts, holidays, permissions…);
- Prepare the monthly report (cash flow, statements and reports file…) and present it punctually to HQ, highlighting any possible gaps in the approved budget;
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator and HQ in drafting the annual budget for the project;
- Support the Project Coordinator in drafting project proposals for institutional donors;
- Support the Project Coordinator during audits carried out by donor agencies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Accountancy or bachelor degree in Economics, Political science or International relations;
- Two years of relevant work experience in commercial or non-profit making organisations;
- Previous experience in cash flow management, reconciliation of accounts, staff administration, contract management, suppliers management
- Familiarity with the financial guidelines and procedures of the main donor agencies (EU, MAECI, UN agencies…) would be an advantage;
- Previous experience in managing petty cash;
- Prior experience in managing revenue and payments;
- Prior experience in reconciling bank accounts and cash records.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com