Job Title: Collections Officer
Organisation: Platinum Credit (U) Ltd
Duty Station: Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Platinum Credit (U) Ltd is a leading Regional Micro Finance Company providing emergency loans to employed individuals in Eastern Africa. We have a wide spread branch network in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. Platinum Credit (U) Ltd has introduced a new product available to persons working in the Private Sector. Platinum Credit (U) Ltd is a subsidiary of Platcorp Holdings Ltd.
Job Summary: The Collections Officer will be responsible for the direct collection of delinquent loans
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving set recovery targets.
- Negotiate viable repayment plans and ensure consistency of payment by a client
- Field Visits and serving demand letters at customer’s workplace/home to persuade/cause them to pay.
- Updating client’s Accounts with feedback collected and uploading necessary documents in the system.
- To ensure non-performing loans are returned to the collections at source payment method.
- Making outbound collection calls to Customers to ensure payment of outstanding arrears.
- Making field visits to track debtors to ensure payment of outstanding arrears.
- To resolve customer queries related to arrears.
- Liaising with branch staff to ensure non-performing loans in their respective branches are returned to performing.
- To negotiate with Customers on the terms of clearing their outstanding
- To attain the assigned portfolio performance rates as communicated by management from time to time.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss/raise them with management.
- To liaise with Government agencies and other authorities to maintain very good working relations necessary to maximize payroll collections.
- To diligently handle any collections task as assigned to you from time to time.
- Submission of payment requisitions and new deduction schedules to the votes assigned to you by agreed deadline as communicated by the Collections Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Platinum Credit (U) Ltd Collections Officer job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience of one (1) year and above in a similar role
- Knowledge about the collections process
- Computer Knowledge.
- Customer Care Skills
- Communication skills
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical Skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, detailed CVs and testimonials to the address below;
The Human Resource Manager;
Platinum Credit (U) Ltd
Send your application by
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th October 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com