Job Title: Regional Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manage
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization with a vision to end all forms of poverty. FH globally currently has programs in 26 countries and supports offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, South Korea, the United States of America, and Japan. FH that has been working in Uganda since 1989, with its head office in Kampala and operations in the districts of; Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba, and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health & Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: The regional Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support to all Human Resources functions at regional level in the designated fields of operation. This will include rolling out FH’s HR Operating Policies and Procedures which covers recruitment, orientation, compensation, Payroll, Staff Insurance, Leave Management, professional development, performance management and exit management. The regional human resource Officer will coordinate with Regional program managers and Program Area Managers and support office staff on the various HR functions and work closely with the team to ensure compliance with FH administrative standards and with local laws and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and On-boarding:
- Staff development & Training
- HR Management (Organizational management)
- Benefits Management
- Health Insurance management:
- GPA Insurance management
- Performance management
- Reporting and Information Management/Leave Management
- Exit Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold University studies/ Higher education in Human Resources, Business administration or any other related course
- A minimum of Five (5) years’ practical experience in a similar position.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ and demonstrate willingness to live in a spiritual community .
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management, organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills with high level of integrity
- Strong written and oral Effective communication skills
- Ability to present information effectively, experience providing training and staff development a plus good analytic skills and ability to settle disputes.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing requirements; must be able to work independently while being a strong team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th October 2021 at 4:30pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com