Program Officer – CP & CRG
Country/Region: Uganda, Northern Region
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The post holder takes responsibility for providing technical guidance, implementation, mentorship, monitoring, reporting and providing synergy of field and district level activities on Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The staff will also build capacity of our community resource persons in CP and CRG and support the establishment of an effective and responsive system to CP. The staff will also maintain and manage the OVC MIS Database for SC in their Region.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder may be called upon to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
- Planning and Implementation
- Roll-out of the Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Budget Monitoring responsibility
- Coordination and Collaborations
- Reporting and documentation
- Resource acquisition
- Empowerment and Project Impact
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degrees in Social Work and Social Administration, Psychology, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Arts, Education, Human Rights, Law, or equivalent accrued working experience in a related position but most preferably with a bias in Child Protection and Child Rights Governance.
- At least 3 years progressive experience in social development programs specifically Child Protection and/ or Child Rights Governance
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in the delivery Child Protection program delivery I education and amongst youth
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Relevant experience in mobilising communities to participate in community development activities.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to their thematic area is a must.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours and flexibility to be deployed for Humanitarian Response.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 8th August 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNjkzMy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20