Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
The full job description and application form can be viewed and downloaded from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 15th August 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Please specify your preferred location
N.B: URCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply
||IT Services & Digital Transformation Manager (1 position)
||Director Human Resource & Digital Transformation
||One (1) year with possibility of renewal
The IT Services & Digital Transformation Manager will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the URCS Digital Transformation Strategy. The job holder will also be responsible to manage existing systems and lead the development of new Digital Transformation projects from inception through to delivery and to manage all ICT capabilities of the NS.
||Key Result Areas
||Strategy development & management
- Contribute to the development of the URCS Digital Transformation Strategy and roadmap
- Lead the review and development of the URCS ICT policy and guidelines
- Implement the URCS Data Responsibility Policy
- Lead the review and development of data solutions
- Lead the development of digital transformation systems, tools and processes of the NS
- Implement an environment of digital innovation and best practice, ensuring the use of technologies for the benefit of stakeholders.
- Lead the organization in maximizing the opportunities of digital working cultures by shaping the skills, processes, people and tools we use to deliver the URCS mandate.
- Manage the overall digital implementation roadmap to ensure all technology solutions are project managed effectively, are delivered on time and within cost.
- Work closely with Directorate of Supply Chain Management to negotiate relevant digital solutions and services with external vendors.
- Manage existing systems and lead the development of new projects from inception through to delivery into a production environment, and to manage all IT capabilities.
- Install, configure, test and deploy server hardware and software, including Local Area Network, Operating Systems, Electronic mail, Mikrotik firewall, Domain Name Server (DNS), DHCP, and various security software.
- Perform administration, operation, technical support, and monitoring of server systems.
- Assist staff in email configure and resolve issue with the email or report the issue to the higher level.
- Respond to requests from user offices and assists in deploying/configuring systems so as to conform to infrastructure standards.
- Develop & manage the overall URCS ICT inventory system
- Update the ICT inventory on timely manner and on regular basis.
- Manage the documents for the ICT inventory.
- Maintain the hand over forms for I T equipment to the staff.
- Actively support the directorate initiatives of resource mobilization through proposals development and any other form
- Develop fundable project proposals for operational growth of the URCS Digital Transformation agenda
||IT Risk Management
- IPartake in the implementation of the risk management process for the IT unit.
- Ensure that IT controls are implemented and that they remain relevant – through suggesting modifications to them – so they can continually mitigate ICT risks adequately.
- Participate and contribute to IT risk assessments.
- Ensure full participation in project and National audits
- Support the directorate in the recruitment of the staff
- Support in setting up management performance goals for staff under your supervision.
- Recommend and coordinate training programs for the directorate staff.
- Ensures good order and discipline of staff under his/her overall supervision
- Develops initiatives to promote the welfare and well-being of the Directorate staff.
- Fully support, empower, motivate staff to achieve key performance indicators.
- Maintain strong knowledge of emerging external trends in digital technology solutions
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, building strong relationships to facilitate the implementation of the DT projects and ensure sustainability of the interventions.
- Build relationships with donors at country and global level to raise funds for the DT agenda.
- Document lessons from implementation for learning, accountability, and improvement.
||Carries out any other lawful assignment allocated by the immediate Supervisor
- The jobholder is cooperative and readily responds to any ad hoc tasks assigned to him
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field or any related field from an approved, recognized and reputable university;
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Computing, Software Engineering, Information Systems,
- Information Technology, Computer Engineering or any related field from an approved, recognized and reputable university is an added advantage;
- At least one professional Certification in ITIL, Project Management (PMP, Prince), Enterprise IT related trainings like COBIT is mandatory;
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in IT Service Management, Digital Transformation or IT Enterprise Management; three (3) of the years with supervisory responsibilities in the mentioned fields.
- Sound understanding of best practice programme management methodologies and disciplines; spanning the complete project lifecycle.
- Experience leading transformation/improvement programs (KPI measurement, benchmarking, lead executive steering committee, stakeholder management, financial management).
- Experience working with business level decision makers to shape programs from high level objectives and problem areas.
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Innovation and creatively
- Stakeholder management
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Policy research and development
- Change capability and adaptability
- Manage resources
- Empowering and building trust.
|Knowledge and Skills
- High level of integrity
- Strong User engagement and communication skills
- Ability to contribute to and implement organisational strategy
- Capacity to work with people at all levels in an organisation and with people from many cultural backgrounds.
- Able to manage effectively a number of competing priorities
- A strategic thinker with the ability to lead by example demonstrating an ability to deliver set tasks, objectives and strategic priorities
- Knowledge in customer data management and supporter journeys
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Assessing current methods and recommending improvements.
Download application template from here
Get Notifications Faster by:
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)