Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 15thAugust 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Please specify your preferred location
N.B: URCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply
|Title||Programme Assistant – Cash Transfer (3 positions)|
|Reports||Program Officer – Cash Transfer|
|Location||Imvepi Refugee Settlement, Rwamwanja Refugee Settlement & Palabek Refugee Settlement.
|Duration||One (1) year with possibility of renewal|
Under the guidance of the Program Officer Cash Transfer, the Program Assistant – Cash Transfer will be responsible to ensure the project has achieved its intended objective in the respective refugee settlements of Imvepi, Rwamwanja and Palabek. She/he will be responsible for coordinating with other consortium partners regarding multipurpose cash transfer activities as well as participate in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project activities. She/he will establish good working relationships with all consortium members and other partners working in these refugee settlements and with the community local and government representatives. The Programme Assistant – Cash Transfer will also ensure the coordination of effective delivery of materials/inputs, conduct registration of complaints, and ensure proper distribution and documentation of project related items.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To implement the cash consortium related project activities by preparing detailed work plans and ensure proper implementation of planned activities within the project time frame.
- Work closely with the Program Officer – Cash Transfer technically and administratively with respective Branch Managers and other field staff.
- Oversee efficient and effective implementation of the URCS consortium project activities as per the project work plan.
- Participate in conducting project related training and meetings in the Imvepi, Rwamwanja and Palabek refugee settlements.
- Actively participate by organizing, guiding and working alongside consortium partners and selected volunteers to facilitate conduct surveys and assessments in Imvepi, Rwamwanja and Palabek refugee settlements.
- Working with consortium members to actively coordinate preparation and conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) to ensure the program quality and collect lesson learnings.
- Coordinate URCS project volunteers and conducting quarterly quality assurance meetings at settlement level.
- Ensure complaints and feedback regarding the project and URCS at large are received, documented and acted upon on a timely manner.
- To coordinate and facilitate the distribution of project items to target beneficiaries and ensure adequate documentation of the same.
- Organize and share the weekly and monthly progress plan/reports according to URCS standard formats.
- Ensure that the program resources are implemented in a transparent and accountable manner and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Establish and maintain transparent and functional relationships with target communities, consortium partners and other actors working within the refugee settlements and the government representatives.
- When need be, participate in different representations or coordination meetings at the settlements and district level on behalf of URCS.
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies:
|Essential Knowledge & Skills||
Download application template from here