Job Title: Senior Driver – Arua
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer Arua
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Job Summary: The Senior Driver will provide driving services to Oxfam project based activities in different locations including the different campus base
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives project Oxfam staff, visitors or other authorized persons to and from various points while observing and adhering to the standard safety precautions.
- Maintains proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
- Conducts daily vehicle maintenance checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good condition including the general cleanliness to uphold the image of the organization.
- Delivers and collects mails and other documents to and from various offices required.
- Maintains punctuality and courtesy and adheres to traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains confidentially of Oxfam information at all times while executing duties.
- Collect documentation such as logbooks and invoices presented by hired vehicle drivers and present them to finance for review and onward movement to the Area manager
- Oversees day to day movements of all vehicles attached to the operations in West Nile.
- Keeps and maintains proper documentation of all vehicles such as insurance, registration documents, travel requests, vehicle log book, waiver forms by all non-Oxfam passengers.
- Correctly file signed waybills whenever goods are transported and delivered
- Carry out basic logistics activities such as small value local purchases, receipt and issuance of items from the store working closely with the Office Assistant.
- Collecting and preparing payment requests of all utility bills of the office
- Supervise the activities of security guards and report to the Finance officer Arua
- Assess and report any fixtures required in and around the office
- Report any technical failure or damage that requires maintenance to the Finance officer and Logistics coordinator in a timely manner
- Keeps track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- Vehicle testing and recommendation of repairs to the Logistics coordinator and the Finance officer
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for this job placement must hold a Valid driving licence, DL, preferably, sound driving skills
- At least three years of experience preferably in an NGO environment.
- A defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- Sufficient spoken English and local languages (Lugbara, Kakwa, Swahili, Arabic) is an added advantage.
- Previous exposure to procurement and warehousing roles
- Basic vehicle servicing and maintenance skills.
- Basic record keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com