Job Title: Accounts and Administration Assistant (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Range Manager/Plantation Manager
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Accounts and Administration Assistant mainly provides day to day financial management and administrative services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit payment vouchers for processing.
- Receipt, bank and facilitate clients with payment registration.
- Participate in updating licensees’ register in Central Forest Reserves.
- Maintain books of accounts, payables and receivable ledgers.
- Ensure compliance with internal control.
- Prepare and submit revenue and expenditure returns as per the stipulated timelines.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register.
- Prepare and maintain stores records.
- Prepare work plans and budgets.
- Compile and submit monthly fuel utilization report timely.
- Supervise and manage activities and payments of casual workers.
- Support Human Resource, procurement and disposal functions.
- Contribute to the revenue generating and sustainability initiative of NFA.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Commerce, Business Studies/Administration with a bias in accounts/finance or full professional qualification in accounting.
- At least two years of working experience performing accounting or auditing functions in a reputable organization
- Good decision making and leadership skill
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Analytical and good communication skills
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability.
- Management, team building and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency
- Age: Above 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below or send soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com