MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Senior Manager – Commercial Legal and Company Secretariat
Reports to: General Manager – Corporate Services
Division: Corporate Services
No. of Vacancies: 1
- Advise the company on commercial contractual and legal terms.
- Provide legal advice to employees on company related issues of a legal nature.
- Draft CAPEX related contracts/agreements for the company.
- Follow up on Supplier performance and compliance with agreements.
- Represent the company at meetings and negotiations.
- Contribute to the development of governing company policies in line with the laws of Uganda.
- Ensure that governing policies and procedures are followed.
- Act as a liaison between the company and the company’s external legal advisors and other corporate bodies in Uganda.
- Follow up on legal issues.
- Deal with the day to day legal administrative work.
- Manage all litigation matters involving the Company (i.e.) ensure that the Company is properly represented in actions filed for and against it.
- Oversee the negotiation and drafting of leases and conveyancing documents in relation to sites and ensure that the Company’s’ interests are protected.
- Oversee the prosecution of Fraud cases against the Company in liaison with Government agencies.
- Manage litigation spend in accordance with the approved budget.
- Ensure that the Company complies with relevant legislation.
- Advise the Company on all court related matters and arbitration proceedings that affect the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (Honours) from a Recognized university.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal practice from the Law Development Centre.
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience, five of which must have been as an advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
- Contract drafting
- Commercial law/Company law/Corporate law
Skills / physical competencies:
- Negotiation, Diplomacy and team building skills
- Organised, Disciplined & Prudent
- Skilled communicator
- People skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Excellent Communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and action,
- Work under minimum supervision
- Coordination Techniques
- Telephone etiquette.
- Negotiation skills.
- Understanding of area of legal specialty.
- Charisma and character
- A strong will to be forceful when necessary.
- Honest and open
- Tactical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexibility and comfortable with change
- Commitment to quality and high performance
- Positive Attitude
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.