Job Title: Driver (2 NGO Jobs)
Organisation: Pathfinder International
Duty Station: Kampala and Hoima, Uganda
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. As a global health organization with locally led, community-driven programs, we support women to make their own reproductive health decisions. We work with local partners to advance contraceptive services, comprehensive abortion care, and young people’s sexual and reproductive rights in communities around the world—including those affected by poverty, conflict, climate change, and natural disasters. Taken together, our programs enable millions of people to choose their own paths forward.
About USAID Project:
Pathfinder International is implementing a five-year Family Planning Activity (FPA) by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). As a lead implementing agency, Pathfinder with partners will play a catalytic role in increasing access to modern contraception and reducing the unmet need for voluntary family planning services in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services to Pathfinder International staff and authorized visitors, and delivery of assigned cargo. The Driver will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to, driving assigned vehicles, safe transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of documents and cargo, and working knowledge of vehicle security. S/he ensures the highest standards of discretion and overall safety and well-being of passengers, demonstrating courtesy and confidentiality across all PI staff and partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services by: driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle by accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, sanitizers and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Ordinary Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate is an added advantage.
- Valid driver’s license with classes ‘A, B & DL’.
- Minimum of Five years’ driving experience preferably with NGOs.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel skills.
- Language Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter indicating the job title in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager USAID/Uganda Family Planning Activity(FPA) and a detailed CV indicating expected gross salary, telephone contacts and three of the most recent referees; preferably supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com