Job Title: Curriculum Design & Training Associate
Organisation: Imagine Her
Duty Station: Seguku-Katale, Wakiso, Uganda
About Imagine Her:
Imagine Her is a local non-proft working with communities to accelerate the power and potential of women, girls, and youth as active leaders and social entrepreneurs creating sustainable solutions within their communities.
Our purpose is to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with robust innovation skills and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda and we envision a world where Ugandan women, girls, and youth are actively harnessing their potential, by initiating and advancing innovative and sustainable solutions to pressing needs in their communities.
We work through community partnerships to target women and youth who are significantly marginalized and vulnerable due to poverty, the growing education-to-employment gap, geography, and social constructs of gender. We implement a human-centered impact model that equips these community members with the skills they need to respond to the most critical challenges they face. The guiding principle of our model is that those we work with decide what they want to do, and choose the support and resources that they need to do it.
We achieve this through two-pronged approaches that accelerate the power and potential of women, girls, and youth in Uganda as described below;
- Social Enterprise & Innovation Incubator: We invest in young women and youth as builders of transformative solutions to the most pressing problems of today and tomorrow (Climate Change, Food Security, Health & Education Disparities). We do this through the provision of practical tools and training. Our model is designed as a 3-month accelerated MBA-style training program that empowers women and youth to develop an idea, build a model, and test it using design thinking methodology and principles of adaptive leadership. After this, participants receive mentoring and start-up financial support, to support them to build their own business or social venture.
- Becoming: Becoming is an all-year-round program that creates opportunities for young girls to develop their potential in leadership and realization of their sexual and reproductive rights at a tender age. The program goes beyond developing the leadership skills of young girls through community service projects and adaptive leadership, by improving access to sexual and reproductive health information and services. It also supports young girls’ academic and learning needs through experiential and digital learning opportunities delivered through a design thinking curriculum and mentorship.
Job Summary: The Curriculum Design and Training Associate’s overall role is to deliver impactful trainings and design instructional materials and curricula for Imagine Her’s Initiatives which include but are not limited to the Social Enterprise & Innovation program, the Sexual & reproductive health and the Career Pathways. The role also involves analyzing participants’ needs, identification of learning objectives, designing content, and formatting instructional materials which may include text, electronic, audio-visual, and visual materials among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create instructional content in consultation with subject matter experts and in-depth research to design effectively engaging content and ensure that all content is accurate, consistent, and easy to understand.
- Design and develop learning and training materials (manuals, instructional webinars, web-based tutorials, quick reference guides, and assignments) to meet the needs of both English proficiency & limited English proficiency audiences ensuring that materials can be successfully localized into multiple languages
- Research, identify, and document experiences, lessons learned, and good practices to guide improvements, strategic planning, advocacy, and communication
Training and content quality assurance
- Conduct training needs assessments and analysis in order to design competency-based training strategic frameworks and learning objectives for the various curricula that might be required.
- Pre-test training content with different targeted audiences and experts to generate feedback and integrate lessons learned to improve designs.
- Conduct introductory and refresher training for staff on the facilitation of designed materials to equip them with effective practices to deliver the curricula.
- Monitor the delivery of content by trainers through field observation visits to ensure quality curricula implementation.
- Collaborate with management to identify the organization’s training needs.
- Monitor stakeholder feedback and maintain a commitment to continual program improvement and high levels of satisfaction
- Establish production and curricula prioritization timelines
- Designing annual work plans and budgets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or any other relevant discipline
- Additional experience in Instructional design is an added advantage
- Hands-on experience of 1-2 years in curriculum development
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to execute tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Positive attitude and energy. Must be able to work collaboratively across teams and departments with people from various backgrounds and demonstrate the ability to work well with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with using modern digital tools for documentation and project management, including G-suite, slack, JIRA, mural, miro, and whiteboards
- Excellent track record of facilitating training and programs development
- Ability to provide effective assessment of skills learned during training
- Exceptional trustworthiness, reliability, and good judgment to handle sensitive information and high-priority tasks with pressing deadlines.
- Eagerness to learn, grow and see how all projects, including administrative and operational tasks, contribute to the organization’s larger mission.
- Willingness to various regions of the country;
- Strong listening, documentation, and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills, including handling multi-stakeholder projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities
Imagine Her is a small non-profit organization working with communities to accelerate the power and potential of women, girls, and youth as active leaders and social entrepreneurs creating sustainable solutions within their communities.
Our model was developed to empower girls, women, and youth holistically to improve their own lives and that of their communities. We have very limited resources. Each member of our team is working towards realizing our mission by dedicating their time and skills through wholehearted commitment. As a result, we are equally dedicated to those who work with us.
We’re looking for someone who can get their sleeves rolled up and their hands dirty. Someone who is kept up at night trying to fnd answers to the world’s most intractable problems and willing to make some errors along the way. We need an individual willing to share what they know and learn as they go – not afraid to take a step back and think about a problem. We’re looking for an expert with drive and heart. And we need someone who can do all those things, in some of the hardest places, and still have a lot of fun.
Reports: Operations Lead
Contract: 1 Year Renewable
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter as a single file to email@example.com
Deadline: 19th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com