Job Title: Program Officer – CP & CRG
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The post holder takes responsibility for providing technical guidance, implementation, mentorship, monitoring, reporting and providing synergy of field and district level activities on Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The staff will also build capacity of our community resource persons in CP and CRG and support the establishment of an effective and responsive system to CP. The staff will also maintain and manage the OVC MIS Database for SC in their Region.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder may be called upon to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and Implementation
- Roll-out of the Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Budget Monitoring responsibility
- Coordination and Collaborations
- Reporting and documentation
- Resource acquisition
- Empowerment and Project Impact
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degrees in Social Work and Social Administration, Psychology, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Arts, Education, Human Rights, Law, or equivalent accrued working experience in a related position but most preferably with a bias in Child Protection and Child Rights Governance.
- At least three years of progressive experience in social development programs specifically Child Protection and/ or Child Rights Governance
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in the delivery Child Protection program delivery I education and amongst youth
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Relevant experience in mobilising communities to participate in community development activities.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to their thematic area is a must.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours and flexibility to be deployed for Humanitarian Response.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com