Job Title: EverFlow Operations Coordinator
Organisation: EverFlow Africa
Duty Station: Apac, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Program Manager – WASH & Country Director
At EverFlow Africa, we envision a world where it is no longer a challenge for over 2 billion people to access safe water – one in which we reliably demonstrate how solutions can be designed with and by local assets. We are working towards a world in which rural communities have the resources necessary to pursue self-determination.
Our mission is therefore to assist rural communities in developing and maintaining water sources through financially sustainable models, and thereby end long term dependence on external resources.
Everflow Africa is a maintenance and repair social enterprise that prevents handpump breakdowns and minimizes costs through risk sharing. Much like a utility, for a flat monthly subscription fee, each participating community receives:
- A regular maintenance service visit from a vetted mechanic,
- A 1-2 year pump overhaul to replace wear parts,
- A 24-hour response window for emergency repairs, and
- A toll-free Help Desk hotline to report breakdowns and functionality issues.
EverFlow’s value proposition is defined by pump functionality, trusted service provision, and affordability. Since the launch of the EverFlow enterprise in August 2017, customer communities have enjoyed 99.6% pump up-time, which translates to just 1.46 days without water service per year. In terms of affordability, the cost to each water user is approximately 8 times cheaper than accessing a private borehole.
Job Summary: EverFlow Africa seeks an Operations Coordinator to lead the operations, management, and strategic growth of a preventative maintenance and repair social enterprise for rural water infrastructure. This person will take ownership of the enterprise to drive EverFlow from its current start-up state into its future state where it is a solution for all stakeholders in the water access ecosystem.
The Operations Coordinator will have the opportunity to tackle the issue of sustainability of rural water systems and the technical, economic, and cultural barriers that have hindered success in this area.
The Operations Coordinator will benefit from both learning and being able to influence the sector, as the Ministry of Water and Environment’s policies are transformed. They will also benefit from being at the vanguard of evidence gathering in partnership with prestigious national and international actors, such as Stanford University.
This position is based in International Lifeline Fund’s (Lifeline) field office in Apac District, Uganda and will require frequent visits to rural communities. The Operations Coordinator will work closely with Lifeline’s WASH team based in Apac and the country team based in Lira, as well as connect and collaborate with the global team based in Washington, D.C. The Operations Coordinator will have the opportunity to influence how IoT technology will impact service delivery, the business model, and its visibility via our partnership in developing the India Mark II Smart Sensor with charity: water. This position will report to the Senior WASH Program Manager and Country Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing and sales (increase rates of on-time payment, increase new community enrollments)
- Design and implement new incentives for customers and service providers
- Operational excellence (maintain % uptime, % Ontime Repair)
- Manage handpump mechanics and other contractors
- Establish and grow customer feedback loops
- Business processes (reporting compliance, data management/software, physical)
- Leveraging technology, partnerships, and data to re-define the supply and demand sides of the business
- Develop web presence (up to date performance metrics online) in coordination with Lifeline’s Communications team
- Business forecasting and financial planning (developing strategic plans for growth and market diversification)
- Create and manage annual and long-term budget projections
- Manage data relating to operational targets
- Able to support in formulating business plans
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or technical field is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years demonstrated business experience
- Well-versed in setting and tracking business performance metrics
- Experience in data management for tracking metrics required, with cloud-based experience a plus
- Experience in managing people is required
- Experience with start-up businesses is highly desirable
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, and self-driven
- Ethical, responsible, and hard working
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) knowledge/experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to HR@lifelinefund.org with a subject line of “EverFlow Operations Coordinator Application.” Or online via the link – https://smrtr.io/b2DCs
In your submission, tell us what makes you unique as an individual and team member.
Deadline: 12th August 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience. Any kind of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com