Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Organisation: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Placement Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well-supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the duties of the UN Volunteer Human Resources Assistant will include but are not limited to the following (the duties ate generic and may not be carried out by all HR assistant):
Provides advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters;
- Prepares special reports and participates and/or leads special human resources project;
- Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of human resources;
- Maintains human resources information systems, including constant update and generation of information and reports for use by management.
Recruitment and Staff Selection
- Provides support in the management of recruitment process including coordinating with client offices in forecasting and identifying vacancies, preparing job openings, reviewing and screening of candidates;
- Review job openings in consultation with hiring managers, ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with GJPs and Standard on Requisitions;
- Conducts preliminary review, prepares and submits recruitment cases to (Field) Central Review Bodies;
- Arranges and conducts interviews for selection of candidates;
- Participates in task forces and working groups identifying issues/problems, formulating policies and guidelines, and providing inputs on new procedures on recruitment and staff selection.
Administration of Entitlements
- Administration of entitlements and Benefits;
- Advises the Head of the Unit or Senior/Chief Human Resources Officers on the development;
- modification and implementation of United Nations policies and practices on entitlements;
- Reviews and processes requests for entitlements and claims;
- Assists in the review and processing of data pertaining to conditions of service;
- Provides advice and guidance to managers and staff on human resources related matters;
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules;
- Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules;
- Represents the Section in joint bodies and working groups relating to salaries and other conditions of service;
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of related guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices and procedures, and recommends revisions to FPD through the CHRO, where necessary;
- Supports the mission in the implementation of the performance appraisal system and monitors its compliance with the proper implementation of the performance management system, providing guidance and substantive support to mission components on standards for the development of service, section, unit and individual work plans;
- Coordinates with the Integrated Mission Training Center to organize training/orientation programmes in performance management and supervisory skills as well as work plans;
- Ensures full-compliance of ePAS and provides input to the establishment of Management Review Committee and Joint Monitoring Committee and Rebuttal Panel and acts as their facilitator and ex-offico member;
- Counsels staff and managers in cases of under performance and facilitates the implementation of a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) or other remedial measures, when required.
Staff development and career support training
- Assists in the organization and conduct of training courses and workshops;
- Provides logistics and administrative support to trainers;
- Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes;
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Human Resources Assistant job must have completed Secondary education
- Eight years of experience in Human Resources and Administration
- Area(s) of expertise: Administration, Human resources
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- French, Level: Working knowledge, Required
- Age: 27 – 80 years
Competencies and values: Communication, Respect for diversity and gender, Teamwork, Professionalism
NB: Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join United Nations Volunteers (UNV) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 11th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com