Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant (3 UN Job Opportunities)
Organisation: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference No: VN/UG/013/2022
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Job Summary: Under the Overall Supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), the administrative and functional supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) IOM Uganda and direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer; and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centers, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the procurement and logistics related functions in IOM Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and consolidate all procurement requisition forms; verify they have all the required information and comply with the Purchase Authorization Matrix and other office instructions and obtain any necessary additional information.
- Assist supervisors in more complex, higher-value purchases.
- Prepare tender documents, solicit bids and quotations as applicable; prepare bid analysis summary and share it with the requesting unit; may participate in the evaluation process and provide technical inputs.
- Once the purchase is approved, confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers, prepare the relevant documentation (purchase order, contract, etc.) and coordinate the required authorizations.
- Monitor status of open requisitions and follow up on the timely delivery of goods and services; upon delivery, coordinate with the receiving unit to obtain satisfactory delivery notes.
- Review vendor invoices prepare payment requests and coordinate with Finance the timely payment to suppliers/service providers.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic records of all documentation through the procurement cycle in accordance with IOM instructions and procedures; retrieve, present and analyse information from the system and prepare periodic reports highlighting issues that require attention.
- Conduct market surveys to identify potential new suppliers/service providers; participate in their evaluation regarding quality, prices and services in line with the organization’s best interests.
- Keep track of any contractual agreements and inform concerned parties for timely renewal; monitor office supplies and service and prepare requisitions when required and coordinate with Finance Unit the payment of utilities invoices.
- Provide briefing and technical guidance to all staff in the office on procurement related instructions and procedures.
- Perform logistics tasks related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation.
- Provide training and guidance to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations International Organization for Migration (IOM) Procurement and Logistics Assistant job must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or a High school diploma with five years of relevant professional experience
- Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage
- Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers;
- Experience with asset management process;
- Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage.
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP and Oracle highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Languages: Fluency in English. Working Knowledge of any other UN languages.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results; produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to Apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org The reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/013/2022 – Procurement and Logistics Assistant should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
NB: Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 23rd August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com