Organisation: Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) received funding from USAID through University of California San Diego (UCSD) for 5 years to support an international network to promote and sustain improved health and agency in low- and middle-income countries: (Agency for All Project).
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administration of the project activities and facilitating the efficient operation of the project by performing the following clerical and administrative tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and coordination of project meetings including preparing agendas and meeting minutes thereof.
- Coordinating and scheduling travel, meetings and appointments for project staff.
- Tracking the project budget including initiating requisitions and working with the finance team to ensure proper accountability of advanced funds
- Keeping proper records of all information related to the project.
- Ensuring that all project logistics (materials supplies and equipment) are available at the right time and in the right quantities.
- Maintaining office supplies and coordinating maintenance of office equipment.
- Responding to and resolving administrative inquiries and questions.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Team Lead.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a relevant first degree in Business Administration or related disciplines
- One year of related working experience.
- He/she should have knowledge and skills in project administration, and Microsoft Office. Experience with managing USAID grants is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates must submit a copy of their curriculum vitae along with an application letter (addressed to the Dean School of Public Health) and official copies of educational transcripts/certificates to the following link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line “Application for the position of Administrative Assistant.”
NB: Please provide a reliable 24-hour phone contact. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 19th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com