NRC is looking to recruit a suitable and professional HR in the HR Coordinator role for her Kampala field office. If you are people oriented and easily fit in a fast paced environment, this role is for you.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of a HR Coordinator is to implement delegated HR responsibilities. The incumbent shall support the Area Manager to advance and implement Human Resources compliance with NRC policies and procedures at Area Level.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Ensure implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Support Area Management through sourcing and deploying qualified and experienced workforces through implementing effective and transparent recruitment and selection process.
- Recruitment and ensuring onboarding and exit process.
- Ensure that professional recruitment practices are managed in a way that attracts and retains the highest caliber of candidates.
- HR with follow-up on contracts, payroll and leave.
- Ensure an appropriate implementation of NRC’s Duty of care policy.
- Ensure that staff are well managed by careful planning performance management, monitoring of contract end dates and potential gaps/development opportunities at Area Level. Develop a trainings and capacity building plan based on WDP (Work and Development Plan).
- Report on a regular basis to the Area Manager on all HR matters to include training and development, recruitment, employee relations, headcount and employee engagement initiatives.
- Ensure that staff costs are appropriately budgeted for the Area, liaising with the Finance department and monitoring Programme proposals to ensure that they fully incorporate staff costs.
- Ensure staff have a voice through effective communication, feedback mechanisms and employee engagement initiatives and are responded to appropriately to ensure positive employee relations.
- Technically line manage HR Staff in the Area ensuring a commitment to best practices and effective systems are in place.
- Implement NRC’s Induction (NRC WAY1 & WAY2) within the prescribed time.
- Liaise with the security, Duty of Care/Staff Care/ Staff representative teams to ensure that staff welfare, health and safety are maintained at as per NRC standards.
- Maintaining all Area Office staff records on HR systems /filing Tree and personnel files.
- Provide administrative support to ensure smooth operations.
- Manage inventory of office supplies; purchase supplies and equipment when needed.
Generic professional competencies:
- A degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Post Graduate degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience from working as a HR in an NGO in humanitarian/recovery context.
- Good knowledge to the Uganda labour laws and statutory requirements
- Documented results related to the HR Coordinator responsibilities
- Ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diverse teams from all backgrounds and level.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly confidential and professional
Only Ugandan nationals qualify. Qualified female professionals are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, two weeks from the first date of this advert.