Job Title: Banking and Treasury Executive
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sightsavers is an International Development Organization which works with partners to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities in over 33 developing countries across Africa, Asia and America. Sightsavers seeks to achieve a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced Banking and Treasury Executive to provide support to the treasury management function. This will involve global bank account management, global bank portal management and bank mandate management. The post holder will also be responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure that management, accounting, and reporting requirements are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Global bank account management to include opening, closing, and amending accounts
- Ensure optimal interfaces are achieved between the treasury management function and the operations team, in terms of processes, procedures, information sharing, common systems use and general collaboration and communications.
- Global bank portal management
- Bank mandate management using the Kyriba TMS Bank Management Module
- Updating and recording all electronic portal bank accounts, users, roles, and responsibilities
- Regular reviews of all bank account management information
- Assisting the Acting Treasury Manager in maintaining Banking partner relationships and reviewing for best practices and improvements
- Responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure accurate and timely recording of purchases, disposals, realised and unrealised gain and losses to produce SUN accounting journals
- Analysing the investment portfolio and producing treasury management reports for monthly Management Account Reporting and Investment Committee meetings.
- Assisting the Acting Treasury Manager in Treasury analysis
- Filing and audit preparation in respect of all the above.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: This is an ideal opportunity to build on your existing treasury experience. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent experience, possibly working towards a treasury management qualification.
- Substantial work experience in finance and banking
- Experience of working in a Treasury environment.
- INGO experience (ideal)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience with banks in Africa would be of particular interest as would be familiarity with the specific documentation and usage of Global multi bank electronic portals
NB: This is a varied role, please read the full job description for further details. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. There is flexibility around the location of this role; Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria (Abuja), Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda or Zambia and for the majority of the time it will be worked within the office. Please specify the location within your application
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and Interested applicants should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 4th September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com