Bureau Veritas is a world leader in laboratory testing, inspection and certification services. Created in 1828, the Group has 78,000 employees located in more than 1,600 offices and laboratories around the globe. Bureau Veritas helps its clients improve their performance by offering services and innovative solutions in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Our employees serve our clients and are inspired by society; they make Bureau Veritas a Business to Business to Society Service Company that contributes to positively transforming the world we live in.
Following the publication of Local Content expectations/regulations by the Ugandan government for companies operating the in the Oil & Gas sector, we have a vacancy for a Local Content Compliance Coordinator whose role will be:
- To ensure that our operations activities and internal Local Content Plan and Commitments (LCP&C) is fully executed according to the requirements.
- Ensure that employment & training of Ugandan citizens is executed as per the LCP&C and continuously monitored and reported as required.
- Ensure transfer of skills and technologies from BV Uganda expert to Local Teams is executed according to BV Uganda LCP&C.
- Ensure that Procurement of local goods & services render preference to local Ugandan companies/contractors/suppliers and strictly according to BV Uganda LCP&C.
- Represent BV Uganda in meetings/seminar related to Local Content and any improvements required by the authorities from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Human Resources Management /Administration/Law/Social Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in Local Content Administration or equivalent
- Good knowledge and understanding of national content regulations and
requirements in Uganda
- Good interpersonal, mediation and reporting Skills