Safe Way Right Way (SWRW) is implementing the Safe Helmets Uganda (SHU) project whose main objective is to improve the usage of safe helmets in the country. The 18 months project seeks to bridge the gap between the public and private sector; and government institutions by ensuring that front line citizens; that is Boda Boda riders and private sector (helmet distributors) are involved in processes of reviewing and updating the Motorcycle and tricycle regulations, 2016 and the helmet standards.
SWRW is seeking the services of an M&E specialist to develop a robust M&E system to guide the systematic collection of data regarding the performance of SHU project during and after its implementation.
The consultant is expected to support SWRW to develop criterion to assesses the degree to which the SHU project has created change and whether the project has met its objectives and has brought about the intended change.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Safe Way Right Way is a Non-Governmental Organisation which was founded in 2013 as a result of a collaboration between the World Bank’s Global Road Safety Partnerships and Total Energies to improve road safety on Uganda’s economically road corridors.
SWRW works holistically to innovate, implement, and sustain Road Safety initiatives in partnership with duty bearers and local communities to tackle the cultural and behavioural issues that Ugandan road users are grappling with.
The main objective of the consultancy is to support SWRW to strengthen its monitoring and evaluation systems and generate evidence-based feedback for the Safe Helmets Uganda Project.
Scope of work
The M&E Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- The selected Consultant will be responsible for developing appropriate indicators of project monitoring & evaluation and guide the team on how to constantly monitor and analyse progress against these targets.
- Support SWRW to develop the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the SHU project.
- Train the project implementation team in the use of the M&E system and the application of M&E tools.
- Support SWRW to develop an M&E Policy
- M&E Framework
- M&E Plan
- M&E reporting templates
- Training completion reports
- End of consultancy report
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONSULTANT
- A master’s degree in social sciences and any related field. A postgraduate in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in designing M&E systems and conducting evaluations.
- At least five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and results-based management.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring development projects
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist shall report to the Project Coordinator.
The assignment shall be for a period of not more than 15 days.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested parties should submit the following documents:
- Expression of interest (EoI) outlining how the consultant meets the selection criteria and their understanding of the ToR.
- A summarized description of the scope of work and the intended methodology to be used as well as a tentative work plan including activities and time frames.
- Names and contacts of three recent professional referees (previous clients) for whom similar work has been conducted.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
- Itemized financial proposal.
Interested parties should submit the above-mentioned documents to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 2nd September 2022