Job Title: Program Development Manager
Organisation: Samaritan’s Purse
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Length of contract: 4 months (renewable)
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Job Summary: The Programs Development Manager (PDM) will be responsible for the effective development, designing organizing and monitoring of programs to support Samaritan’s Purse strategic direction in Uganda. He/she will be based in Kampala, Uganda, and report directly to the Samaritan’s Purse Uganda Country Director or his/her designate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units
- Build relationships on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse with bilateral donors, International Non-Governmental Organizations, and other agencies
- Assist as needed in program implementation, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out
- Build capacity of field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings Build the capacity of the teams through training and improved working methods.
- With a generous and serving spirit, perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in coordination with team members, other departments and in line with Samaritan’s Purse, government and donor policies and best practices.
- Participate in morning devotions and maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, project stakeholders, project beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development studies, SWASA, Community Development or any other related field
- Master’s degree in a related field will be added advantage.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in similar role within the NGO sector.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills, with experience of supervising others. Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to empathy, integrity, responsibility, transparency and efficiency.
- Must hold a valid driver’s permit.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates Please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 11 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted strictly not later than 16:00 on Monday 5th September, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline: Monday 5th September 2022 at 16:00
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com