Job Title: Electrician (HV) 66KV (4 Jobs)
Organisation: Sinopec (Uganda)
Duty Station: Project sites (Buliisa & Nwoya), Uganda
On-boarding Date: November 2022)
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiar with the laying process of silicon core tube and optical cable; able to complete the laying process of silicon core tube and optical cable as required;
- Familiar with HV cable laying process, cable termination process and cable intermediate joint fabrication process. Be able to perform cable laying and cable connection.
- Familiar with electrical earthing process with respect of international standards and good project practice, be able to complete cable earthing lug fabrication and cable connection works.
- Comply with QA/QC, HSSE regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Holder of Class B installation permit from ERA will be prioritized.
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent in related subject or equivalent trade qualification combined with further relevant training and experience.
- Minimum of three years of similar working experience
- City & Guilds 3667/02 & 03 standard or local equivalent
- Relevant industrial training will be a plus
- Past experience with major EPC projects e.g hydro power will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply:
Documents required: cover letter & CV, academic documents, relevant certificates, license, permits, National ID and recommendation letter from local LC I.
Hard copies will be delivered to the office of District Community Development Officer (DCDO) in Nwoya & Pakwach, clearly addressed to Sinopec Service (Uganda) Limited.
The deadline for application is two weeks from the date of posting of this advert.
NB: Those who applied earlier are encouraged to apply because of change in schedule. In case of clarification please contact:
- Mr. Phillip Okello – CLO on 0778023265
- Mr. Geofrey Matongo – NCO on 0782913680
Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com