Job Title: Accountant (5 Fresher Job Placements)
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Accountant will assist the Finance and Accounts management function at the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the development and implementation of division Work Plans, Budgets and timely reporting
- Assist in the resource mobilization function
- Assist in implementing internal financial controls
- Assist in the budget process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly budget performance and accounting reports;
- Assist in maintaining staff activity advances ledger;
- Assist in the implementation of financial plans, policies and procedures
- Assist in the external and internal audit function;
- Assist in the classification of transactions as assets, liabilities, income and expenses;
- Any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance), Business Administration (Accounting/Finance), Finance and/or Accounting
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Financial and human resource management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk management skills
- Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023