Job Title: Manager Human Resources
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Human Resources, Finance and Administration
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Manager Human Resources will develop and implement Human Resource Policies, Strategies and Plans to ensure an efficient and effective workforce
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and Implement Human Resource Work Plans and Budgets
- Develop and implement Human Resource Management Strategies and Plans
- Undertake regular Manpower Audits and Planning to enable NEMA achieve its Strategic Objectives
- Develop and implement Human Resource Recruitment Plans
- Develop and implement Human Resource Capacity Development Programmes
- Establish an effective and functional staff Motivation and Retention Strategy
- Develop and implement Human Resource Capacity Development Plans
- Monitor and Enforce effective Performance Management Plans and Programmes
- Enforce Occupational Health and Safety programmes
- Enforce Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
- Counsel, mentor and coach staff
- Manage the Human Resource Information System
- Effectively manage Staff Welfare Schemes
- Effectively implement Staff Exit Policy and Procedures
- Supervise and appraise staff in the Division
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Human Resource Management, Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Organizational Development
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration Must be a certified member of a Human Resource Professional Body
- Should have at least a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification professional working experience in Human Resource Management or Development, three of which should have been at Senior Management level in a reputable institution.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent Customer Care skills
- Information Communication Technology skills
- Leadership and Team Work
- Guidance and Counseling skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- High moral integrity
- Organizational development and management skills
- Excellent listening skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023