• Cashflow forecasting ensuring that there is sufficient funding for global operations.
• Providing SAP support to countries by managing the ticketing system and providing solutions to SAP queries from countries within 24 hours.
• SAP preparation of supplier & service provider invoices for payment ensuring all supporting documentation are added to the ERP (LPOs, Delivery Notes, Invoices).
• Management staff payment requests, visa payment processing, URA payments.
• Verification, allocation, posting and monthly reconciliation accounts payable and receivable.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status and production of accounting reports.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures to improve efficiencies.
• Preparation of financial statements and production of budget versus actual analysis according to schedule.
• Support month-end and year-end close process.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls to enhance compliance with IFRS and GAAP principles.
• Liaise with our Financial Operations Mangers, Heads of Finance and Accounting Managers to improve financial procedures, accurate and timely reporting.
• Manage country inventory deliveries in SAP.
• Reconciliation of Intercompany accounts i.e., receivables, payables with countries
• Reconciliation of revenue recognition and cost of goods booked in SAP.
Requirements and skills
• Proven experience as an Accountant, and or accounting supervisor
• Working knowledge of inventory management is preferred but not mandatory.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements and the Uganda Tax Regulations
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with accounting ERP such as SAP B1
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or relevant
• Relevant certification (e.g., ACCA or CPA) will be preferred.
Interested and qualified Click here to apply